I was reading an article in a magazine recently that asked a number of creative people what ten things they did over the past year. So it got me thinking on what I would add to such a list. Not counting the quilts I worked on during the year or those I finished (which weren’t that many) …
Here is my list:
1. I spent the very first days of 2015 on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria visiting with my son and his fiance.
2. I read this book:
3. I tried a tangello for the first time- very nice!
4. Went to Byron Bay for my niece’s beautiful boho-style wedding
5. What has to be a highlight of the year: my trip to America, which in itself included so many highlights, e.g. Visited the 911 Memorial in downtown Manhattan- a very moving experience; visited a number of museums and shops and Central Park, walked down Bourbon Street in the French Quarter in New Orleans, went on a submarine- toured the real one at Pearl Harbour, and went on a reef visit off Honolulu in the tourist-version.
The 911 Memorial in New York
6. I got to go to the International Quilt Festival in Houston – amazing!
7. I went to Brisbane on a night in the week before Christmas to watch the parade with my daughter and do some late-night shopping in the city- another first!
8. Had my daughter home for a week recovering from her second knee reconstruction in 12 months.
9. Saw my youngest son finish high school, prepare for his formal and watch with pride as he graduated. The last of my children to go through school, so another end of an era!
10. Took part in a mini quilt swap- it was exciting to see who would be making a quilt for me and what it would look like, and hoping that the recipient of my quilt liked what I made!
Made by Aylin
What ten things did you do in the past year- it’s a little hard to condense it down! I hope you have a wonderful New Year, filled with lots of quilting.