a finished quilt

It seems like a long time in between finished quilts for me, so I’m always happy when I can say ‘I finished one’! This quilt is one I made as a contribution towards the Gatton Quilter’s 2-year-long project to make quilts for donation to local charities. We were lucky to have a lot of fabric donated to the club to use for these quilts, so I chose bright fabrics that I thought would look good in a children’s quilt.
I did blog about the making of it back in February here so that shows I have been taking my time about it :), but mainly just fitting it in around lots of other things happening.
The pattern is adapted from one that appeared in the Homespun magazine in 2015. I took out some applique from the original pattern and made it bigger to fit a single-sized bed. I also decided to arrange the blocks into a gradated colour scheme from blues to reds and yellows diagonally down the quilt.
For the backing I just used up as much of the fabric as I could, so in all it is a very colourful quilt which I hope some lucky boy or girl will like. I quilted it myself on the long-arm with a simplified all-over design of diagonal lines.
The Gatton Quilters have donated quite a number of quilts over the past couple of years and a lot of people put in quite an effort to achieve that. Well done to all!