Another block finished in this very long-term project of the Lollipop Trees quilt (pattern by Kim McLean).
Slowly but surely I’m knocking these over. I have been working on this quilt for about 2 years now. It has taken a very large supply of mainly Kaffe Fassett fabrics, but also any other brightly coloured prints that I could find. I kept them all separate in one large container, separating out a selection into a basket that I would use for each block.
The actual hand-sewing of the applique was the quickest part of them; choosing which fabrics to use where while trying to make each block different to all of the others actually took the longest time.
These photos probably don’t look the best as I haven’t pressed the blocks yet- I want to wash any marking pencil off before I put the iron on them.
The trouble is, once I finish these large blocks there are also little blocks that form a border all round. I better keep sewing…