Some handstitching today

I have some progress to show on a wool applique project that I’ve shown here before. I started this in a workshop with Sue Spargo back in July and have been making steady, but slow, progress. This is what it looks like at the moment.

I have been adding flowers and stems and leaves, and have lots more to add to it yet. There is no plan as to where things are going- just wherever they look good. The same with which colour threads I’ll use on which colour flower. These 3 little flowers on a stem are the most recent:

They were made from wool felt and stitching with various wool and stranded cotton threads.

What to do on the vase had me stumped me for awhile, but one day this idea popped into my head-

I have been doodle stitching all over with simple stitches and using only 2 different variegated threads, to sort of resemble vases of old with painted patterns on them. The stitches so far include backstitch, running stitch, blanket stitch, satin stitch and stem stitch. It’s still a work in progress, but lots of fun.
Oh, and today I made these berry muffins, lovely when fresh out of the oven!